Παρασκευή 17 Απριλίου 2015

Bird-Understander


Of many reasons I love you here is one
the way you write me from the gate at the airport
so I can tell you everything will be alright
so you can tell me there is a bird
trapped in the terminal      all the people
ignoring it       because they do not know
what to do with it       except to leave it alone
until it scares itself to death
it makes you terribly terribly sad 
You wish you could take the bird outside
and set it free or       (failing that)
call a bird-understander
to come help the bird 
All you can do is notice the bird
and feel for the bird       and write
to tell me how language feels
impossibly useless
but you are wrong 
You are a bird-understander
better than I could ever be
who make so many noises
and call them song 
These are your own words
your way of noticing
and saying plainly
of not turning away
from hurt
you have offered them
to me       I am only
giving them back
if only I could show you
how very useless
they are not

 Bird-Understander - Graig Arnold

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου